I have written in a wide range of business, parenting, news and popular press outlets, including Harvard Business Review, Time, the Wall Street Journal, Quartz, the Washington Post, the Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, Ask Men, Good Men Project, and many more.
Recent Articles: Quartz, Washington Post, Buzzfeed
- Quartz– Give dads a gift they can really use this Father’s Day: paternity leave
- Washington Post “On Parenting”– What my millennial students taught me about work life balance and why we should all listen
- Buzzfeed– 11 Ways Dads Can Successfully Juggle Work And Family
I have written ten articles for HBR:
- What’s a Working Dad to Do?
- Don’t Treat Your Career Marathon Like a Sprint
- A Balanced Approach to Career Planning,
- How to Be a Family-Friendly Boss
- Increase Workplace Flexibility and Boost Performance,
- Work-Life Balance Through Interval Training,
- The Rise of the Hands-On Dad
- Relax, You Have 168 Hours This Week
- Flex Time Doesn’t Need to Be an HR Policy
- Just Because You’re Happy Doesn’t Mean You’re Not Burned Out
My articles are among the most widely read and shared articles on HBR’s website, which itself is the 17th most shared website in the US.
Wall Street Journal
- Remember the CEO Who Quit to Be a Dad? He’s Loving It
- The Good News From the Daniel Murphy Paternity Leave Kerfuffle
I am a regular contributor to The Huffington Post, where my work appears on both the Business and Parents sections. Some of my favorites include:
- 4 Ways My ‘Paternity Leave’ Shaped Me As a Father and Strengthened My Family
- 6 Things You Should Know About Working Dads
- 5 Reasons Why Bosses Resist Flexible Work (and what you can do about it)
- Why Don’t More Men Walk the Talk on Work-Family?
- Paternity Leave is Good for Kids, Too!
- The Time is Right for the FAMILY Act- Paid Parental Leave
- 16 Dads, 16 Paternity Leaves
Good Men Project
I am a proud to be a regular contributor to the Good Men Project online men’s magazine, where I have written dozens of features for the Dads & Families section, plus occasional articles for their Marriage, Good Life and Sports sections. GMP contains thought-provoking writing on a wide variety of topics of interest to men- dating, work, family, marriage, fatherhood, pop culture, etc.
Some of my favorites include:
- Building Father-Child Memories That Last
- Joe Flacco and Hunter Mahan: Why They Both Made the Right Work-Family Decision
- I Consider Myself Insanely Lucky
- Thank You, Elvis, for Helping Me Raise My Son
- 100 Words on Love: My Son’s First Heartbreak
- Being a Father Makes You Better at Your Job
- Hey Slacker Dad, Parent the Way You Want and Stop Being a Jerk About It
– AskMen, a lifestyle magazine for dads, in which I wrote: Involved Fatherhood: We Need to Start Giving Active Dads More Credit.
– Salary.com. I am a semi-regular contributor for the leading web site for job seekers and salary information.
– As part of my day job as a Business School Professor at Fairleigh Dickinson University, I have 17 peer-review journal publications, have won several research awards, and have presented over 40 times at prestigious national and international conferences (please note that my writing at FWF is my own and does not necessarily represent the views of FDU). I also wrote about working fathers for the FDU alumni magazine, “Double Duty Dads.”
I am a proud member of the Dad Bloggers network, where you can follow the work of 1,000+ fatherhood bloggers on facebook: